Sexual Assault Survivor Victims Need to Receive Medical Care
The immediate response, or Acute Phase, can last anywhere from a few days to a few weeks after an assault. The survivor victim is responding to a complete disruption of life and the horrific experience of being sexually assaulted.
Medical concerns may arise as well. These concerns may be the direct result of the assault (bruising, soreness) or fear of getting a sexually transmitted infection or pregnancy concerns. For these reasons and many others, seeking medical attention right away at one of our locations is important.
Hospital Care Partners Maps/Links
- Amery – Amery Hospital & Clinic-Health Partners
- Baldwin – Western Wisconsin Health
- Barron – Mayo Clinic Health Systems-Northland
- Cumberland – Cumberland Healthcare
- Hudson – Hudson Hospital & Clinic-Health Partners
- New Richmond – Westfields Hospital & Clinic-Health Partners
- Osceola – Osceola Regional Medical Center
- Rice Lake – Marshfield Clinic Health System-Rice Lake
- River Falls – River Falls Area Hospital Foundation-Allina Health
- St. Croix Falls – St. Croix Regional Medical Center